- RT @poniewozik: The 280-character limit is a terrible idea. The whole beauty of Twitter is that it forces you to express your ideas concise… 3 months ago
- #NowPlaying Cast - Bearded Theory 2017 bands by Dave Plummer ♫ spoti.fi/2qXNvbl 8 months ago
- @WiseAgeing Labour and the Lib Dems are close contenders but neither have a good track record. 8 months ago
- By partnering with Indofood @Nestle is breaking its own palm oil promises. Tell Nestlé to clean up its supply chain! sumof.us/281573586t?ref… 10 months ago
- First time I've heard this. It's stupidly beautiful. #NowPlaying Kothbiro by Ayub Ogada ♫ spoti.fi/MxxdvK 10 months ago
Tag Archives: Tories
20 Jul, 2011Posted by on
This is not a call to revolution and it’s not much of a hope to be honest:
My hope is that Labour lose a shit load of members over the next few months, enough to make them ask why they’ve been deserted. They get told,
‘It’s because you abandoned the workers you numpties!’
Labour then start listening to the people who are being hardest hit by the Tories, start listening to the trade unions and start listening to folk like Richard Murphy before coming back in a year or so with policies for fair taxation, public services kept public, economic growth and a welfare state that actually supports, rather than demonises, those who need it.
Then their support builds, people rejoin, activists become active again and Labour win the next election by just enough seats to form a majority, preferably in a house without a single Lib Dem MP and plenty of Greens and independents.
That’s what I think I’d like to happen.