- RT @poniewozik: The 280-character limit is a terrible idea. The whole beauty of Twitter is that it forces you to express your ideas concise… 1 month ago
- #NowPlaying Cast - Bearded Theory 2017 bands by Dave Plummer ♫ spoti.fi/2qXNvbl 5 months ago
- @WiseAgeing Labour and the Lib Dems are close contenders but neither have a good track record. 6 months ago
- By partnering with Indofood @Nestle is breaking its own palm oil promises. Tell Nestlé to clean up its supply chain! sumof.us/281573586t?ref… 8 months ago
- First time I've heard this. It's stupidly beautiful. #NowPlaying Kothbiro by Ayub Ogada ♫ spoti.fi/MxxdvK 8 months ago
Tag Archives: Paternilism
22 May, 2011Posted by on
Ironing, like soap operas, was invented by men in less equal times to keep women occupied, thus preventing their co-ordinating an overthrow of the paternalistic hegemony.
It serves no practical purpose whatsoever beyond satisfying our conditioned belief that creased clothes don’t look as good as ironed ones.
Ban this filth! Embrace the crease!